Monday 11 October 2010

Weekend FOTD and L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Review

Despite spending most of the weekend hiding under a blanket and sniffling and sneezing my way through three boxes of Kleenex I was determined not to let it show when I headed out into the afternoon sunshine for a Sunday lunch date. 
 Even though I am still somewhat tanned after my holiday, after giving up the fight and surrendering to my cold my skin has been looking very pale and dull. To try and add a little natural looking colour I used MAC's MSF natural as my foundation, YSL Soleil D'Afrique bronzer and MAC's harmony powder as a blush.

On my lips I patted on a red lipstick (L'ancome gift with purchase) as a base topped with Mac's wondershine 3D glass.
On the eyes I used the Bourjois shimmering shine liquid shadow in no.33 beige metallique, L'Oreal carbon gloss liquid liner and L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes mascara. This was the first time I had used this mascara, and I was very pleasantly surprised. Although the brush is very large (which is usually bad news for my shaky hands)it is sturdy and accurate, with the plastic bristles working hard to separate every lash. I wouldn't say that this mascara gives the volume it promises it definitely defines and lengthens my lashes. However, by the evening I did notice it smearing a little on the corner of my eyes (though they are extremely watery at the moment) and on my lower lashline. This mascara was also very easy and quick to remove, which indicates that it is not the most long lasting.
This morning I used a coat of L'ancome's Hypnose followed by the Volume Million Lashes, which gave a really lovely effect with long, thick, separated lashes and absolutely no clumps. I shall be testing out this little combo further in days to come ;).

Have you tried this mascara? Do let me know your thoughts!

I hope you all had a good weekend my lovelies! xxx
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. don't think volume million lashes is available in canada yet but i'll be sure to try it out when it is.

    also, love the lip colour. it looks fab with your skin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you always look so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really want to try this! You look amazing Natalya xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you my lovelies, you are all so sweet. I sure don't feel it right now though lol. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good review; I hate when my mascara transfers onto the underneath of my lower lashline and I need one that gives volume so I probably won't get this! The lipstick suits you so much and your skin looks flawless x

    http://jadefungblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lips are amazing, I wish I looked that good when I have a cold! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been really curious about this mascara. Thanks for the honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous with that lipstick! I've never tried this mascara though I'm sure it's available in the U.S. I'm quite happy with my L'oreal Voluminous lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY for a FOTD! Really love how you put together your looks and the red lipstick is just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this looks great....I use Loreal Extra volume mascara and Revlon which is also very nice.But I really wanna try this one too.
    The FOTD is great!!! Love your fresh and dewy skin...Lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I haven't seen this mascara yet, but I think I'll try it when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look so pretty, i love the lipcolor,what is the name/shade of the lipstick?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely look! :) I really wanna try this mascara! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the Bourjois eye colour, really pretty :-) Great look. The best mascara ever is Giorgio Armarni Eyes To Kill.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, ir looks really good!!!!
    PRIZE GIVEAWAY.
    VISIT:
    http://www.beauty-is-within.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig