Thursday 22 March 2012

butter London S/S 2012

When the new butter London collection images dropped into my inbox this month I had to stop myself from letting out a squeal. I am sure my colleagues at work would not have shared my excitement! The colours in this collection are absolutely stunning and there is definitely something for everyone.

I was lucky enough to receive two shades from the range, including the one I was desperately hoping for - the beautiful, shimmery, multi-faceted and rather originally named 'Knackered' and the vivid, creamy teal 'Slapper'.
All the butter polishes are 3 free with no Formaldehyde, Toluene or DBP and are priced at £12 each here.

Knackered is described on the website as a sheer, twinkling oyster shade flecked with micro glitter particles. This polish is a true duochrome, with facets of lilac, silver and minty green infused with a rainbow of glitter.
With flash.
Without flash.

I was so excited to try this polish (even though I had just had my gels done at the salon so couldn't apply it to my own nails) that I commandeered a very reluctant hand model. If he ever sees this he will be very unimpressed... No nasty comments about the man fingers please, it was either these or Maxie's claws. I was desperate! :P
As mentioned the polish is quite sheer, so to build up the intensity I applied four coats. Once opaque you can see the range of colours light up at different angles, and the glitter really dances in the light! Stunning!
I can't wait to try this polish on top of some darker colours to see what kind of effect it can create as a topcoat!

Have you tried butter London polishes? What do you think of their latest colour palette? Are you a little bit obsessed with the glittery beauty of Knackered? Lots of love for my hand model in the comments please! xxx
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Ever since seeing these on Fleur de Forces channel I've really wanted one! All the colours I've seen are absolutely beautiful. Thanks for this post :)x

    s.b.eniang@live.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever since seeing these on Fleur de Forces channel I've really wanted one! All the colours I've seen are absolutely beautiful. Thanks for this post :)x

    http://themusingsofflorence.blogspot.co.uk/

    (you can delete the comment above, I posted the wrong link - last thing on my clipboard oops :( )

    ReplyDelete
  3. i only have one butter london nail polish in my collection, and i dont know why! the quality is wonderful and the colors are lovely!

    http://www.hellomissniki.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, how pretty is knackered!!
    liloo /@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want like to different type of nail colour. Those every colours really very beautiful, Especially i like last one and the quality is awesome. I impressed by that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous! Aw, your poor man! He has very nice nails, for a man. I have done this too in times of desperation, haha! x

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig