Thursday 7 August 2014

My Favourite Summer Products

With Summer in full swing I thought I would put together a little round up of my favourite products! Many of these were tested in sunnier climes on honeymoon, but the majority have come back to dreary London with me to continue their hard work.
The most essential part of any holiday for me has always been SPF. I burn in seconds (no exaggeration necessary) so I need a product that works hard to keep my skin protected, while being easy and pleasant to apply, and lasting a good proportion of the day. The absolute stand out sun block this Summer has been the PizBuin Ultra Light Dry Touch Silky Fluid. As the name suggests it’s a lovely consistency and is an absolute breeze to use. I’m very fussy when it comes to the texture of sun creams... I hate sprays as inevitably they leave a patch unprotected, sun milks are too liquid and have no staying power and thick creams tend to give you that white/ blue greasy glow and block your pores. The Piz Buin feels like a light moisturising cream and sinks into the skin quickly with no stickiness (ie. no sand permanently stuck to your bottom). My husband used the SPF 15 (he of pure English descent, but surprisingly Mediterranean skin), while I went for the SPF30. Both of us stayed well protected in the intense Sri Lankan and Maldivian sun through hiking excursions, safaris, snorkelling trips and lazy pool dips alike!

For my face I always wear SPF 50 on holiday as you really can’t have too much protection and there is no doubt that prevention is much more effective than any anti-ageing treatment! My freckles are an immediate giveaway of any sun exposure so I am always very careful. Being diligent is made much easier when you enjoy using your products and I absolutely adore the Rituals 50 Sun Protection Face Cream (£18.50). It feels like a rich face moisturiser, but it absorbs into the skin well and doesn’t feel too heavy in the heat. I also love the fact that it has additional skin benefits such as natural anti-oxidant complex based on Organic White Tea, natural Vitamin E and Ginkgo Biloba. It lasts all day (I usually set it with a little face powder or MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural) and keeps my skin hydrated and protected without causing breakouts.
For night time skincare I am totally obsessed with the NUDE ProGenius treatment oil. I was so afraid of oils for years as I thought they would be too heavy and cause congestion, but this oil is light and absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy feeling behind. I apply this oil alone after cleansing my face and have definitely felt the benefits of the super hydrating and caring formula. Whether I need to moisturise, heal or improve skin texture the mix of omega 3, 6, 7 and 9 delivers a precisely balanced diet of vital skin nutrients making my skin look and feel great.
As an everyday moisturiser I have slowly been working through a bottle of the sublime NEOM Body Lotion (I purchased mine in TK Maxx, but they have new and improved scents on their website for £20). I love the whole NEOM organic range, but these body lotions are perfect for use in the morning straight after the shower as they smell wonderful and sink into the skin quickly so you can dress promptly (and not feel greasy on the tube).
As a more intense moisturiser, especially after a long day in the sun I loved using the NUXE Refreshing After-Sun Lotion (£15). This cream has a rich sorbet texture and feels incredibly soothing as it contains no menthol or alcohol. With its blend of Sunflower Oil and Coconut Derivatives it provides deep hydration and restores the balance of the skin while leaving it with a beautiful sheen and scent. This lotion is also enriched with Carob Seed Powder that aims to even out, enhance and prolong your tan… and for me every little helps!
For a Summer Fragrance I have been loving the NUXE le parfum Prodigieux (£35). I have used the oil for many years (in my hair and on my skin) so the scent really brings back happy memories of holidays and sunshine! I have a bottle on my desk at work and so many people have commented on how beautiful the scent is – rich, but not heavy or overpowering and in my view perfect for Summer!

There are so many more beautiful products I could write lyrical about, but for now these are my top picks of the Summer!
What have been your favourite beauty products lately? I would love to hear some of your thoughts on anything featured and as always your recommendations for a beauty junkie like me to try.. not that I need all that much encouragement!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig